Rubeline Eveline "Ruby" Johnson is one of the main characters in Black-ish.
Ruby is portrayed by Jenifer Lewis.
Season 1 (8/24)
- Oedipal Triangle
- Black Santa/White Christmas
- Laws of Attraction
- Parental Guidance
- Switch Hitting
- 30 Something
- Please Don’t Ask, Please Don’t Tell
- Elephant in the Room
- Pops’ Pops’ Pops
- A running gag in the show is that Ruby is basically Donald Trump.
- Ruby didn’t allow Dre to eat bananas when he was a kid because of her homophobia.
- Ruby told Davis that she was allergic to latex.
- Ruby doesn’t eat mushrooms.
- She blew up Pops’ boats.
- She shot Pops twice.
- Ruby had affairs with Dre’s gym and science teacher when he was a child.
- Ruby plays Spades.
- The last time she had gin before the episode “Dr. Hell No,” she shot Pops.
- When she dies, she says she wants her ashes sprinkled on Ving Rhames.
- Ruby’s nemesis is Doris.
- Her best friend is Almaviligerais.
- According to her, cooking is her main connection to the kids.
- She doesn’t believe in therapy.
- In order to pay for Dre to go to private school, she shot Pops and took his disability check.
- When she was young, there were 48 states, dinosours were lizards, and there were only 9 numbers. She said this to Diane and Jack.
- Before she moved to L.A., Ruby lived in New York.
- Ruby sang backup for Bette Midler and she starred in a movie.
- On Dre’s birthday in 1983, Ruby blew up Pops’ car.
- Ruby stuck a fork into Pops’ neck.
- She doesn’t believe there’s such thing as evolution.
- She wanted Bishop Don Juan to marry Dre and Bow.
- Ruby claims to have breastfed Dre until he was eight (which is impossible).
- She claims to be Zulu-Cherokee.
- Ruby keeps a camera pointed at her bed.
- She thinks Diane is possessed by Satan.